Prep Time: 20min | Cook Time: 90min
- In a medium pot, bring chicken broth to a simmer, cover and keep HOT.
- Cut pork Rib Eyes into ½ inch cubes (or let Tony’s Butchers do it for you). Save any trimmed fat in large pieces.
- In a large stock pot over medium-high heat, add olive oil, pork fat, and garlic. Sauté for about a minute then add diced onions and continue to sauté until onions are translucent.
- Add pork cubes and baby back ribs and sauté over high heat until all sides are beginning to brown and meat is cooked through. Sprinkle with flour and stir to coat.
- Pour hot chicken broth into the large stock pot.
- Add the green chiles and season with cumin, oregano, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Lower heat, cover and simmer for about 45 minutes.
- Add tomatoes with liquid and simmer for an additional 15 – 45 minutes. The longer it cooks, the better the flavor!
- Pull the pork bones from the chile, serve and enjoy!
You can substitue Pork Country Style Ribs for the Pork Rib Eye and Baby Back Ribs. Country style ribs are not really ribs. The’re cut from the front end of the baby backs near the shoulder and are more like pork chops, with more meat and less fat than real ribs. A typical cut contains a 2-3 rib bones.
LEFT-OVERS TIP: Try poaching an egg in simmering green chili!