1. Place all ingredients into a food processor and mix until a smooth sauce is
2. Place in a re-sealable container and keep refrigerated until ready to use.
For the Rub:
1. Mix all ingredients together and rub evenly on chicken.
2. Allow to sit on chicken in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before grilling.
For the Chicken:
1. Prepare your work station with above mentioned items.
2. Using paper thoroughly dry off the chicken. This will keep the chicken from
slipping out of your hands while you are working on it.
3. Once the chicken is dry, turn the chicken so the breasts are on the cutting board
and the back bone is on top.
4. Using kitchen shears, carefully cut down the side of the backbone, on both sides
5. Turn chicken over and firmly press at the center of the breast to flatten.
6. Season as desired and grill on med-high heat, starting breast side down and then
rotate after 25-30 minutes has passed. You will know your chicken is done once
it reaches the internal temperature on 165ºF.
Using the butterflied method of chicken fabrication allows the chicken to be grilled
evenly and for a shorter time, producing a juicer chicken.
Be the first to review this recipe by clicking the button below