Prep Time: 15min | Cook Time: 40min
- Pat chicken dry and mist or brush with canola oil.
- Sprinkle generously with seasoning and rest at cool room temperature.
- Preheat a medium-high indirect grill (medium-high direct heat on one side, no flame on the indirect side – grill lid closed – about 300-350 degree air temperature).
- Add soaked wood chips in a metal pan or foil under cooking grate and directly on flames – if using.
- When chips begin to smoke, mist grill with oil and add chicken skin side up to indirect cooking side of grill.
- Cook slowly until done, turning and rotating pieces of chicken for even cooking. Time depends on conditions, but about 30-40 minutes of slow cooking is ideal. Take care not to overcook! Breasts will likely be done before the legs.
- When chicken is nearly done, brush with BBQ sauce several times (or save sauce for drizzling and dipping.)
- Remove from heat to a serving platter and enjoy!
NOTE: For a heavier smoky flavor, use Tony’s Smoky Kansas City Rub or Texas Mesquite BBQ Rub and Tony’s Bold and Smoky BBQ Sauce.