1. In a large bowl, combine lamb, pepper, garlic, paprika, oregano,
salt, cumin, brown sugar, cinnamon sticks, and 1/2 cup oil. Mix well to coat meat, then marinate from 30 minutes to overnight. *Save
the marinade for later in the recipe!*
2. Pre-heat your Instant Pot, or other pressure cooker, on the Sauté function. Once hot, add a drizzle of olive oil and thoroughly
brown lamb on all sides making sure to render all of the fat. Once browned, remove lamb shanks and set aside.
3. Add onions, carrots, bay leaves, and remaining marinade to the pot. Sauté until onions become translucent, about 5 minutes.
4. Add red wine to deglaze the pot, making sure to scrape all of the bits stuck to the bottom. Return lamb to the pot. Simmer to
reduce by half, about 10 minutes.
5. Add beef stock. Lock the lid and cook for 30 minutes on the high pressure setting.
6. Once cooking is complete, allow pressure to naturally release before opening the lid. **Use caution as the steam will be hot!**
Remove lamb shanks and set aside.
7. Pour liquid through a fine mesh strainer and return to pot. Discard cooked ingredients.
8. Separately in a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water to make a slurry. Add slurry back into the pot.
9. Using the sauté function again, simmer until sauce reaches desired thickness. Return lamb to pot and let sit in sauce until ready to
10. Serve with polenta or mashed potatoes and top it with some tasty gravy. Enjoy!
Watch as Jessica and Adam make braised lamb shanks with a red wine reduction sauce in the Instant Pot! Perfect for a quick weeknight meal and your house will be smelling fantastic in no time! Happy eating!
This was so easy and delicious!!!