Prep Time: 60min | Cook Time: 41min
For the Tri-Tip:
- Season Tri-Tip with Tony’s Butcher’s Salt. Rub salt mixture into meat.
- Place Tri-Tip in a plastic bag and pour in entire bottle of Tony’s Santa Maria Marinade. Close bag and make sure that entire Tri-Tip has been coated in marinade.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour or as long as overnight. Remove from refrigerator an hour before cooking.
- When ready to cook, preheat a grill to medium-high heat.
- Place Tri-Tip on grill and sear one side for 6-8 minutes, checking for flare-ups.
- Turn Tri-Tip over and sear the other side for an additional 6-8 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to low and move Tri-Tip to the cool side of your grill.
- Turn Tri-Tip and continue cooking for 8-10 minutes, or until a reliable meat thermometer reads 130° when inserted into the thickest part of the meat.
- Remove from grill and let Tri-Tip rest 15 minutes before slicing against the grain.
For the White Bean Salad:
- While roast is cooking, combine beans, tomatoes, onion, dressing, salt, and pepper together in a medium bowl.
- Toss to incorporate all ingredients.
- Top with fresh basil for a pop of color and added flavor.
Note: The longer you let the bean salad sit, the better the flavor gets, but you can eat it right away! If serving cold, add a little extra salt to amp up the flavor. If serving at room temperature, taste the bean salad to gauge how much seasoning to add.