1. Prepare a medium hot fire in charcoal grill with a cover or preheat a gas grill to medium-high heat.
2. To prepare the spread, combine the avocados, sour cream, cilantro, garlic, chipotle peppers,
lime juice and salt in food processor and pulse until well blended. Refrigerate until serving.
3. To prepare the grilled onions, slice the onions into rings. Do not separate the rings at this time.
Place the slices on a well-oiled grill and grill for 5 minutes flipping the onions half way through
the cooking process. Remove from grill and set aside.
4. To make the burger patties, combine the bison, chorizo, salsa, cilantro, salt and pepper in a
bowl. Handling the meat as little as possible to avoid compacting it, thoroughly mix the
ingredients. Divide the mixture into 6 equal pieces and form into patties keeping the center of
the patties thinner than the edges. On a well-oiled grill, cook the patties until done preference,
5-7 minutes per side. In the last few minutes of cooking, add the cheese to melt.
5. To assemble your burger, place your patty on the bottom half of the bun topping with the
pickled, grilled onions, and fresh tomato. Place spread on top bun and place on top of the
burger. Serve and enjoy!
– Chef Natalie (Johnson & Wales University)
Be the first to review this recipe by clicking the button below