You’ve heard us talk about sides of beef and meat bundles before here on the blog. Meat is a Tony’s Market specialty. Today, we explore our primals, also called whole primals.
A primal is a section of meat that is separated from the whole in a recognizable section. For example, primals are often loin, rib, chuck, round, brisket, pork butt, and ham. Primals are special.
- They are custom aged, custom cut, and wrapped to your specifications.
- There are different ways to cut up your primal: steak, chop, kabob, roast, cutlet, stew, grind, or any combination that best fits your family’s preferences.
- At Tony’s, the whole primal is sold at “green weight” (starting weight before aging and trimming) to give you a greater savings over buying individual cuts of meat.
- We tag and age your primal before cutting to your specifications.
- You save up to 20%* when you purchase a whole primal at Tony’s Market!
What’s the story with primals?
History repeats. Baby boomers will remember mom saying, “Run downstairs (or to the garage) to grab me a pound of ground beef for dinner (a beef hindquarter, or side custom cut and wrapped, piled high in the deep freezer).” Although it may not be commonplace anymore, it was really a great idea!
Tony’s built its reputation in the “side of beef” days. We’ve taken the best of the past and reinvented it for today. Gen-X’rs, Millennials and Boomers appreciate quality meats, great variety, smaller quantities, at-home convenience, and the discounted pricing of our Premium Freezer Meat Program, which includes primals, custom meat bundles (you pick the meat), and our classic meat bundles (you pick from our pre-selected meat packages).
Call or visit your local Tony’s butcher for further explanation and to place your order.
*Savings vary based on daily market, seasonal fluctuations and items selected. Average savings (today) is 18%.
Comments are closed.