Sweeten Your Summer with Colorado Cherries!
Attention, cherry lovers! Say hello to the most succulent, mouthwatering cherries straight from Fuller Orchards in the Palisade, Colorado! These cherries are nurtured by the crisp mountain air, bathed in warm sunshine, and gently cradled in fertile soils, resulting in unrivaled sweetness and flavor. Each bite is an irresistible explosion of pure bliss!
Colorado Cherries: Nature’s Gift, Packed with Goodness
Not only are Colorado cherries irresistibly delicious, but they’re also a treasure trove of health benefits. These vibrant cherries are packed with antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals and will boost your immune system, support heart health, and give you a natural energy kick. Embrace a wholesome lifestyle while relishing nature’s gift! Read Sweet, It’s Cherry Season!
Heavenly Colorado Cherry Sauce Recipe
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Yields: Approximately 2 cups
- 4 cups fresh Colorado cherries, pitted and halved
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (adjust according to desired sweetness)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, combine the cherries, sugar, water, and lemon juice. Stir well to ensure the cherries are evenly coated.
- Place the saucepan over medium heat and bring the mixture to a gentle boil. Reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. The cherries should soften and release their juices.
- In a small bowl, whisk the cornstarch with a tablespoon of water until it forms a smooth slurry. Add the cornstarch slurry to the saucepan, stirring continuously.
- Continue simmering the sauce for an additional 5-7 minutes until it thickens and reaches a syrup-like consistency. Stir occasionally to prevent the sauce from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and let the cherry sauce cool for a few minutes. If desired, stir in the vanilla extract to enhance the flavor.
- For a smooth sauce, transfer the mixture to a blender or use an immersion blender directly in the saucepan. Blend until you reach your preferred consistency. If you prefer a chunky sauce, you can skip this step.
- Once the sauce has cooled, transfer it to a glass jar or airtight container. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow the flavors to meld together and the sauce to thicken further.
- Now it’s time to enjoy your homemade Colorado cherry sauce! Drizzle it over ice cream, pancakes, waffles, or cheesecake, or use it as a delightful topping for yogurt or oatmeal. It’s also fantastic as a glaze for Salmon, grilled Berkshire pork, or as a dipping sauce for savory dishes.
Note: The cherry sauce can be stored in the refrigerator for up to one week. If you’d like to preserve it longer, you can also freeze it in airtight containers or ice cube trays for future use.
Get ready to savor the heavenly flavors of Colorado cherries with this delightful cherry sauce recipe. Enjoy the sweetness of summer in every luscious bite!
Follow us on Instagram!