If you want to enhance your BBQ game then try our simple and delicious smoked jerk chicken recipe. This traditional Jamaican dish combines flavor and the convenience of Busha Browne’s Traditional Jerk Seasoning Rub (available at Tony’s!). Prepare to amaze your loved ones with the flavorful delight of this crowd-pleasing recipe. Read more on Busha Browne’s.
Smoked Jerk Chicken Ingredients:
- Chicken Leg Quarters (skin-on)
- Busha Browne’s Traditional Jerk Seasoning Rub (1 – 2 tsp per LB of chicken)
- Olive oil
- Wood chips or chunks for smoking (mesquite or oak work well)
- Preparing the Smoker for Flavorful Results: Preheat your smoker to a temperature range of 225°F – 250°F (107°C – 121°C) to achieve that perfect infusion of smoky goodness. Add wood chips or chunks to the smoker box or directly on the charcoal in order to create an authentic smoky flavor that will elevate your jerk chicken.
- Preparing the Chicken for Cooking Success: Begin by rinsing the chicken leg quarters under cold water, ensuring they are clean. Pat them dry with paper towels and trim any excess fat if desired, ensuring consistent cooking and flavor distribution.
- Coating the Chicken with Moisture and Flavor: In a mixing bowl, generously coat the chicken leg quarters with olive oil until each piece is thoroughly covered. This step helps seal in the juices and prevents the chicken from drying out during the smoking process.
- Applying the Signature Jerk Seasoning Rub: Certainly the star of our recipe is Busha Browne’s Traditional Jerk Seasoning Rub. Sprinkle the jerk seasoning evenly over all sides of the chicken leg quarters, gently massaging it into the meat. For optimal flavor, allow the chicken to marinate in the seasoning for at least one hour.
- Achieving Smoky Perfection: Place the seasoned chicken leg quarters on the smoker grate equally, ensuring ample space between each piece to allow the smoke to circulate freely. Close the smoker lid and let the chicken smoke for approximately 2 to 3 hours, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C) in the thickest part of the meat. Monitoring the temperature will guarantee perfectly cooked, juicy chicken.
- Resting and Serving with Delicious Sides: Once the chicken reaches the desired internal temperature, carefully remove it from the smoker and rest for 5 to 10 minutes. This crucial step allows the juices to redistribute throughout the meat, enhancing the overall flavor and tenderness. To complete, serve your smoked jerk chicken with favorite sides like coleslaw, cornbread, or grilled vegetables.
With this simple yet flavor-packed smoked jerk chicken recipe, your BBQ gatherings will never be the same. The combination of Busha Browne’s Traditional Jerk Seasoning Rub, olive oil, and the smoky aromas from the grill or smoker will leave your guests craving more. Embrace the sizzling heat, fire up your smoker, and indulge in the unforgettable flavors of this traditional Jamaican dish. Get ready to impress with every bite!