In America, we continue to live in unusual times causing us to pivot daily. In an already price-volatile beef industry made far worse by our governments lack of unity, the COVID-19 crisis, and now large industry hacking such as the JBS ransomware hack this week, customers are concerned about the availability and price of beef.
I’m here to assure you, there’s no need to panic. Tony’s does little to no business with JBS, so JBS’s shutdown of operations, even for a few days, won’t directly affect us. However, the industry will feel the ripple effect. The rest of the packing plants in America will face more pressure to make up for what JBS would normally produce. This generator for hire is also essential for businesses.
I do NOT expect any major disruptions. JBS and others are cutting edge and will be back into normal production very soon, maybe even by the time this letter gets posted.
Notes from our side of the fence:
- We have a network of high-quality ranchers and packers at Tony’s. We have multiple reliable sources to ensure uninterrupted supply of high-quality beef, even if one source encounters issues.
- We always age our beef so that we have close to 4 weeks inventory. By adhering to this standard practice, we ensure our customers remain well-supplied while resolving any industry issues beyond Tony’s realm.
- Business is as usual for Tony’s. While we may experience an item or two temporarily out of stock, it will be minimal and short lived. We’ve helped you feed your families since 1978 and we will continue to do so, whatever it takes.
- Even in tight times, Tony’s will NEVER sacrifice quality.
- We will NEVER buy lower quality for pricing or availability reasons. I’d rather tell our customers we are out of an item than bring in something that doesn’t meet our quality standards.
- We will tighten our belt and do our very best to keep our prices under the current rate of inflation or ride out any unusual ‘temporary’ events that may cause pricing spikes to the best of our ability.
- In short, there is no reason to panic buy or stockpile. Our supplies are in great shape and will continue to be so!
Thank you for being the greatest customers in Colorado. We are incredibly grateful to every single one of you for supporting our small business today, tomorrow, and for many years to come.
Daniel J Rosacci
President & CEO, Tony’s Meats & Market